I have posted before about problems with the XFI and Nforce4 not working (with my Asus A8n-SLI Deluxe motherboard). Creative says it’s Nvidia’s fault, and Nvidia hasn’t really weighed in either way, but in the end the card just didn’t work, when you tried to play audio, you would get crackling and popping in the audio making it useless. The card was pretty much worthless to me at this point, but in my quest to be cheap, I kept trying and trying. Then the other day I ran across this modified driver and after installing this one… it works!
I do simple video editing of files taken from my minidv camera. This has been a chore since w7 because it did not include a version of windows movie maker, and I found the microsoft live free version very lacking. (And it’s not that I require a huge feature-set either.) Because there wasn’t anything decent that came with w7, I have tried trials of every movie editor I can find, and for what I do, they all suck. It was so bad that I decided to see if there was a way to hack an older version of movie maker to work with windows 7… and someone already did. This version works like a champ right out of the box and gives me the features and interface that I want (without giving me a bunch of junk that I don’t want or need).
Basically what I did was make the “host key” in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 the left control key. (Seemed like a really good idea at the time.) Sometime after this, copy/paste stopped working reliably… eventually it occurred to me what I had done- by making the left control key the host key, I had broken my copy/paste key combo. Don’t do this!
I found a couple of strange problems sharepoint 2007.
- When you are trying to run a profile import against a domain, even if you set credentials explicitly, it will not work unless you log in with an account that has domain access. (This makes no sense..)
- Even though you are a site administrator, collection administrator, everything, when you click on “user profiles and properties” under your shared services ssp, you get an “access denied”. I found this fix that someone else posted.